I’m an Information Security professional with over 20 years of experience, including projects delivered to large scale clients with mission-critical environments (mainly Financial and Telecom).
Last 5-6 years dedicated to security engineering and Use Cases design and development (SIEM, ArcSight, Splunk).
I also have a Bachelor degree (BS) in Computer Science and post-degree in Computer Forensics with an extensive background in software development and proven strong hands-on experience.
I work as a freelancer (independent consultant) designing and building Splunk (SIEM/Big Data) based use cases and processes for security teams (SOC, MSSPs, CERTs, Incident Response teams).
What can I deliver as a Threat Detection/Security Analytics SME?
- Quickly demonstrate value of Splunk/ES, by delivering custom, actionable content: alerts, reports/dashboards;
- Help your team design and establish Agile (Scrum) workflows and processes around custom content development (Jira/Git managed) which serve as the main driver to uncover new detection strategies and use cases;
- Coaching and support Security Hunters on how to leverage Splunk data to write rules (MITRE ATT&CK™ based), and translate hypothesis into SPL code (workshops);
- Build custom interactive interfaces and dashboards not yet available on Enterprise Security App (ex.: key SOC metrics) and address other ES shortcomings;
- Work as a senior SOC advisor given the amount of experience and leadership in the area accumulated over the years working for many SecOps teams.
Currently interested in long-term projects as a contractor or Cyber Security Engineering leadership positions. Keywords: threat hunting, security engineering, threat detection.
Feel free to reach out: